Saturday, April 28, 2018

"No, I don't ever give up. I'd have to be dead or completely incapacitated.”


Back in 2011, I heard of the electric car maker Tesla for the first time. One of the first thing I felt was - how dumb was I - to not know of this car maker before. Ever since then, I have always been smitten by Tesla and Elon Musk. Smitten is probably not the right word but inspired by the mission of Tesla:
Electric sports car --> Expensive Electric family car & SUV --> Mass Market electric car.

More than Tesla, Elon Musk's vision is bold and outlandish and that is putting it mildly. However, he has already changed the face of many industries and is likely all set to alter the trajectory of humanity and human race, possibly. 

Tesla, SpaceX, Solarcity, HyperLoop - are some of the most impactful entrepreneurial bet of Elon Musk that will play more important role in days to come. 

And, like him, as much as I'm excited about the prospect of AI, I'm also fearful of the it. I have always had this fear since I watched Terminator 2 - Judgement day movie.


Although I'm no where in sam league as him in terms of his drive or the work he is doing, but on things I want, as he says at the end of the above video, "I don't ever give up. I'd have to be dead or completely incapacitated."

Oh, and early this february, something incredible happened - SpaceX landed the falcon boosters - synchronized - after sending this heaviest rocket since Moon landing. You thought I was mentioning something else ? 

The thing is, SpaceX was about to go bust in 2008-09 (so was Tesla) due to various factors & reasons, including global financial crisis. Yet, in 2018, they were landing two rockets back to earth successfully. 



Hmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment