Monday, December 23, 2013

Atlanta - many times that we meet :)


Olympics water fountain at Downtown, Atlanta


During my school days in 1996, one of the assigned work was to do layer painting using crayons. I vividly remember one of the painting I did in that painting book - "Atlanta 1996" with olympic logo, as Atlanta hosted the olympics that year. 

Fast forward 13 years to 2009, Atlanta was the place I landed for my first overseas assignment. Wow - what a ride the initial months in Atlanta was !! Many a lonely walk ensued through dense pathways in Post properties at Smyrna - the reasons were many. One thing is for sure, never have I ever experienced such varied emotions in a short span of time. Staying alone didn't help either. Alas, what to do :)

Fast forward further, it is almost the fag end of 2013 and I'm lying down on a couch at a beautiful place in Alpharetta. People who were hesitant to come to Atlanta have made it their home (I was referring to my uncle [wink wink] ) and I keep coming to this city at least twice a year, if not more.

At any rate, Atlanta means lots of things - 
  • how to boil rice :D, 
  • how to pick oneself up when down, when left repeatedly down,
  • scratchy/messy acclimatization days in US, 
  • few good friends, 
  • experience going around US,
  • the determination to make it count in work and life when pushed to the brim in every sphere of life.
  • photo Shoots by my roommates
  • hindu Temple - Shiva and Vishnu together [when gods can be together, why can't people? ]
  • art of Living Atlanta,
  • Smyrna, Cobb parkway,
  • Dunwoody, perimeter areas, dunwoody station


  • Interesting visit to post properties
  • Alpharetta, sandy springs, Marta
  • first apartment lease taken under drastic circumstances [apt 121]
  • madras chettinadu, Krishna vilas, publix, Royal and many more places
  • Stone mountain, lake lanear
  • amazing downtown - the every busy intersections and the olympic flame
  • olympic fountain near park at downtown and CNN headquarters, the dance clubs
  • one of the busiest airport in the world.

Here it is, to Atlanta.

Atlanta Skyline

No comments:

Post a Comment